Improve your Google Ad Words Campaign
May 07, 2013
Bhauvik Tripathi in
You have a Google Ad Words campaign going because you want to increase your revenue, but you need to give your campaign a boost in order to get the results you envisioned when you initiated your Google Ad Words campaign. That is why there are a few tips and tricks to give your Ad Words that boost that it needs to get you on your way to your goals.
Google Ad Words are cost-effective while offering flexibility in your advertising campaign, but you have to constantly test your ads and your keywords in order to improve your results. You have to carefully select your keywords by being selective and alert, so here are some tips to help you make your Google Ad Words campaign a success:
- Be specific in the keywords you choose for your ads. You don’t want to just use general keywords because, although you will bring traffic to your site, your potential could be greater by using more than just the “usual” keywords.
- You want to use brackets around your keywords (). You want to do this around the words you want to target (which can draw a particular targeted group of web surfers) the most when being typed into the search engine search box. The keywords within the brackets will bring up your ad when a user types in that particular keyword or phrase exactly the way you have it bracketed.
- Make sure you are linking to the correct pages. This means that if you are advertising a specific product or service, you want to go the page in which that product or service is available and not the homepage of your website. Going to the homepage means they will have to search your site for what attracted them there to begin with. Chances are, they will get frustrated and leave.
- Include your business’s benefits in your ad and make sure that you deliver promptly. If you have something in your business such as “get your free gift today!” Make sure that you deliver on that free gift.
- Be sure to have more than one ad running at the same time. By running more than one you can see which ad is doing better and as a result take off or change the ad that is not generating as much traffic to your website. This is a process that is rather ongoing because there are many different groups you may be able to target and you want to make sure you have the most appealing ads up there on the net.
So there you have it, tips to improve your Google Ad Words campaign. Through constant monitoring and research you can make your campaign as successful as you envisioned it to be, which means more money for you and more satisfaction for your customers. You provided them with an avenue to see what you had to offer and once they took you up on it, you delivered
« Back to articles
Bhauvik Tripathi specialises in Enterprise Software Development and Software
Product Development. He has successfully helped many businesses around the world
to develop Software products and help them build their business around it. He is
the founder of Shivam Technologies, an Australian based technology company with
experience in Software Development, Web Design and Internet Marketing.
If you like this article, please consider sharing it with your friends. You can
also stay updated by subscribing to Shivam Technologies.